Operation: Kick Things Into Overdrive – and Save Space While You Do It
This new nano-sized distortion machine delivers the same great gain tones as the regular format Operation Overlord, but in a more convenient mono package for those who don’t use stereo ins/outs.
The Electro-Harmonix Nano Operation Overlord is incredibly versatile, and is great for use with guitars, basses, or keys. The pedal is switchable between Normal, and Boost mode. Normal mode delivers lower to medium gain tones, relying on three amp-lie JFET gain stages. When in Boost mode, it’s like adding a pedal-type overdrive circuit in front of those JFET stages to increase the amount of distortion. Nano Operation Overlord also features a Dry Blend control, 3-position input level selector switch, and an active 3-band EQ.
Features/Specs at a glance:
- Compact, yet feature-packed overdrive and distortion pedal
- Create sounds ranging from boost without the grit and sweet crunch all the way to intensely saturated overdrive and thick distortion
- 3-position input level switch lets you set the initial input gain level for a variety of instruments including guitar, bass and keyboards.
- Active 3-band EQ for superlative tone shaping
- In Normal Mode three amp-like JFET gain stages provide low to medium gain sounds
- In the switchable Boost Mode a classic pedal-style overdrive circuit is added before the JFET stages to increase overall distortion
- The pedal’s Dry blend control is especially useful for bass and keyboards because it lets you retain your instrument’s articulation, harmonic content and bottom end.
The Electro-Harmonix Nano Operation Overlord rings up at $89.40, includes an EHX 9.6DC200mA power supply, and will begin shipping from participating EHX dealers in October, 2019.