For those looking to chase that bass…
The Electro-Harmonix BASS9 is the latest addition to EHX’s 9 Series, allowing you to transform your guitar into a bass (make that a lot of basses!)
Select from nine of the most iconic and recognized bass sounds ever, including Precision, Longhorn, Fretless, and more. It doesn’t require any special pickups, modifications to your instrument, or MIDI. The polyphonic BASS9 simply uses a unique 9 Series algorithm optimized for dynamically transposing your guitar one to two octaves down.
Just use the simple rotary switch to select the bass sound you want. The options include:
- PRECISION: Pays homage to the iconic Fender P Bass®
- LONGHORN: Emulates the Danelectro® 6-string bass, ideal for baritone type tones
- FRETLESS: Features both electric and standup fretless basses.
- SYNTH: A tribute to the classic Taurus® Synthesizer
- VIRTUAL: Lets the user adjust the bass’s body density and neck length for a variety of bass sounds
- BOWED: Classic bowed bass
- SPLIT BASS: Makes it possible for the guitarist to play bass on the lower strings (all notes below F#3) and chords or melody with the higher strings.
- 3:03: A polyphonic salute to the sought after Roland TB-303® vintage bass synth
- FLIP-FLOP: Inspired by EHX’s Octave Multiplexer, it provides a ’70s style logic driven sub-octave generator that tracks without glitches.
The BASS9 is also equipped with independent Effect and Dry Volume controls, so you can accurately dial in your mix at the Effects output jack, plus an always-active Dry output jack that outputs the input signal at unity gain. Controls 1 and 2 have been designed to adjust specific parameters for each of the nine programs. For example, in PRECISION, CTRL 1 controls the sub-octaves while CTRL 2 imitates the original instrument’s tone control.
The Electro-Harmonix BASS9 includes a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA power supply. It will be available for purchase from participating retailers in August, 2019 will cost $221.30.